Terms & Conditions – Sale of goodsFebruary 19, 2021 2021-06-15 11:51
Terms & Conditions – Sale of goods
MedicShield (MS UK Medical Ltd) Terms and Conditions for Sale of Goods
In this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
- 1.1 “Buyer” means the organisation or person who buys Goods from the Seller;
- 1.2 “Conditions” means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller;
- 1.3 “Delivery date” means the date specified by the Seller when the Goods are to be delivered;
- 1.4 “Goods” means the articles to be supplied to the Buyer by the Seller;
- 1.5 “Price” means the price set out in the list of prices of the Goods maintained by the Seller as amended from time to time or such other price as the parties may agree in writing plus such carriage, packing, insurance or other charges or interest on such as may be quoted by the Seller or as may apply in accordance with these conditions;
- 1.6 “Seller” means MedicShield (MS UK Medical Ltd, Reg Number: 07535589). .
- 2.1 These conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms or conditions which the Buyer may seek to apply under any purchase order, order confirmation or similar document.
- 2.2 All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Conditions.
- 2.3 Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Conditions.
- Price and Payment
- 3.1 Payment of the Price is to be paid by bank transfer on date of delivery unless different payment terms are agreed in advance in writing.
- 3.2 The Seller shall be entitled to charge interest on overdue invoices from the date when payment becomes due interest to accrue from day to day until the date of payment at a rate of 3.2% per month.
- 3.3 The Seller reserves the right to grant, refuse restrict, cancel or alter credit terms at its sole discretion at any time.
- 3.4 If payment of the Price or any part thereof is not made by the due date, the Seller shall be entitled to:
- 3.4.1 require payment in advance of delivery in relation to any Goods not previously delivered;
- 3.4.2 refuse to make delivery of any undelivered Goods whether ordered under the contract or not and without incurring any liability whatever to the Buyer for non-delivery or any delay in delivery;
- 3.4.3 appropriate any payment made by the Buyer to such of the Goods (or Goods supplied under any other contract) as the Seller may think fit;
- 3.4.4 terminate the contract.
- Any description given or applied to the Goods is given by way of identification only and the use of such description shall not constitute a sale by description. For the avoidance of doubt, the Buyer hereby affirms that it does not in any way rely on any description when entering into the contract.
- Where a sample of the Goods is shown to and inspected by the Buyer, the parties hereto accept that such a sample is so shown and inspected for the sole purpose of enabling the Buyer to judge for itself the quality of the bulk, and not so far as to constitute a sale by sample.
- 6.1 Unless otherwise agreed in writing, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the address specified by the Buyer on the date specified by the Seller.
- 6.2 The date of delivery specified by the Seller is an estimate only. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract and while every reasonable effort will be made to comply with such dates compliance is not guaranteed and the Buyer shall have no right to damages or to cancel the order for failure for any cause to meet any delivery date stated.
- 6.3 If the Seller is unable to deliver the Goods for reasons beyond its control, then the Seller shall be entitled to place the Goods in storage until such time as delivery may be effected and the Buyer shall be liable for any expense associated with such storage.
- 6.4 If the Buyer fails to accept delivery of Goods on the delivery date or within 3 days of notification that they are ready for despatch whether prior to or after the delivery date the Seller reserves the right to invoice the Goods to the Buyer and charge him therefore. In addition the Buyer shall then pay reasonable storage charges or demurrage as appropriate in the circumstances until the Goods are either despatched to the Buyer or disposed of elsewhere.
- 6.5 The Seller shall be entitled to deliver the Goods by instalments and where the Goods are so delivered, each delivery shall constitute a separate contract and failure by the Seller to deliver any one or more of the instalments in accordance with these Conditions or any claim by the Buyer in respect of any one or more instalments shall not entitle the Buyer to treat any other related contract as repudiated.
- 6.6 Where the Buyer requires delivery of the Goods by instalments, rescheduling requires the Seller’s written agreement and will not be possible unless at least 1 months written notice is provided and so agreed. Each delivery shall constitute a separate contract and failure by the Buyer to pay the Price in respect of any instalment shall entitle the Seller to treat any other related contract as repudiated in addition to any other rights of the Seller pursuant to these Conditions.
- 7.1 The Seller is a distributor of goods and will use a third-party logistics company to arrange delivery. When the goods are delivered it is the Buyers responsibility to ensure that all the stock delivered is what was ordered. If there is any discrepancy, they should not sign for the goods and should refuse the delivery. Failure to do so implies that they have accepted the delivery of the order in its entirety. For example, if the Buyer orders 100 boxes of gloves and signs the delivery paperwork confirming delivery of the order of 100 boxes of gloves it will be deemed that they have received all the goods. They will then not be able to claim at a later date that part of the order was missing.
- Insolvency of Buyer
- 8.1 If the Buyer fails to make payment for the Goods in accordance with the contract of sale or commits any other breach of this contract of sale or if any distress or execution shall be levied upon any of the Buyer’s property or the Goods or if the Buyer offers to make any arrangement with its creditors or commits an act of bankruptcy or if any petition in bankruptcy is presented against the Buyer or the Buyer is unable to pay its debts as they fall due or if being a limited company any resolution or petition to wind up the Buyer (other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction without insolvency) shall be passed or presented of if a receiver, administrator administrative receiver or manager shall be appointed over the whole or any part of the Buyer’s business or assets or if the Buyer shall suffer any analogous proceedings under foreign law or if any such matter as provided for in this clause is reasonably apprehended by the Seller all sums outstanding in respect of the Goods shall become payable immediately.
- 1 No liability of any nature shall be incurred or accepted by the Seller in respect of any representation made by the Seller, or on its behalf, to the Buyer, or to any party acting on its behalf, prior to the making of this contract where such representations were made or given in relation to:-
- 1.1. the correspondence of the Goods with any description or sample;
- 1.2. the quality of the Goods; or
- 1.3. the fitness of the Goods for any purpose whatsoever.
- 2 No liability of any nature shall be accepted by the Seller to the Buyer in respect of any express term of this contract where such term relates in any way to:
- 2.1. the correspondence of the Goods with any description;
- 2.2. the quality of the Goods; or
- 2.3. the fitness of the Goods for any purpose whatsoever.
- 3 For the avoidance of doubt the Seller will not accept any claim for consequential or financial loss of any kind however cause
- Limitation of Liability
- 1 Where any court or arbitrator determines that any part of Clause 10 above is, for whatever reason, unenforceable, the Seller shall be liable for loss or damage suffered by the Buyer but in an amount not exceeding the Price.
- 2 Nothing contained in these Conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude the liability of the Seller for death or personal injury as a result of the Seller’s negligence or that of its employees or agents.
- Force Majeure
- The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations. If the delay persists for such time as the Seller considers unreasonable, it may without liability on its part, terminate the contract or any part of it.
- Relationship of Parties
- Nothing contained in these Conditions shall be construed as establishing or implying any partnership or joint venture between the parties and nothing in these Conditions shall be deemed to construe either of the parties as the agent of the other.
- The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Conditions herein shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Conditions of this agreement.
- If any term or provision of these Conditions is held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminate.
- No set off
- The Buyer may not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to the Seller by reason of any right of set-off or counterclaim which the Buyer may have or allege to have for any reason whatsoever.
- Entire Agreement
- These Conditions and any documents incorporating them or incorporated by them constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusion jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.